The new tools in Photoshop CS4 elevate this application from the king of image editing to a complete workflow environment. In my sessions today at PhotoPlus Expo, I'll be showing photographers how to leverage all of Photoshop's assets. The five keys to working more efficiently are:
- Import your images using Photo Downloader
- Cull your images in Bridge using Review Mode
- Save culled photos as a Collection, then add star ratings
- Image edit picks in Adobe Camera Raw
- Use Photoshop sparingly, but intelligently
When I show this workflow, I almost always get the response, "Wow, I didn't realize Photoshop could do all of that." It can. I'll keep you posted on how the sessions go over today.
The Photoshop CS4 Companion for Photographers shows you the complete workflow for Photoshop CS4 in a pocketable guide that fits in your laptop bag.