Sigma just announced its first mirrorless body, the Sigma sd Quattro H Mirrorless Digital Camera.
The specs are rather impressive for the high resolution model (there will also be a standard resolution version).
- 45MP APS-H Foveon X3 Quattro CMOS Sensor
- Dual TRUE III Imaging Processing Engine
- Sigma SA Lens Mount
- 2.36m-Dot Electronic Viewfinder
- 3.0" 1.62m-Dot Main LCD & Sub Monitor
- Phase & Contrast-Detect Hybrid AF System
- Super-Fine Detail Exposure Mode
- ISO 6400 and 3.8 fps Continuous Shooting
- Quick Set Button; Lock Switch
- Focus Peaking; Lossless Compressed Raw
The thing that really jumps out at me is that you can use the entire Sigma SA line of lenses with the Quattro H (specs above) and the entry level Quattro. Given that the optics they've been producing lately are so good, this could be a stunning, compact package. No release date or price yet, but I'll be following the story.
The Nimbleosity Report
Do you want to keep up with the best content from The Digital Story and The Nimble Photographer? Sign up for The Nimbleosity Report, and receive highlights twice-a-month in a single page newsletter. Be a part of our community!
Want to Comment on this Post?
You can share your thoughts at the TDS Facebook page, where I'll post this story for discussion.