SanDisk wants to expand the storage capability of mobile photographers and with the new SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive. This device plugs directly into the Lightning port of iPhones and iPads, providing between 16 and 128GBs of external memory - perfect for photographers who want to travel light.
The devices uses the free iXpand Drive app, which has a camera function, allowing users to shoot and save photos or videos directly to the drive instead of on their iPhone or iPad. The app also provides the option to automatically back up content from social networking sites, as well as play back music within the app.
Basic features include:
- Free up space on your iPhone by moving photos and videos to your iXpand flash drive
- Automatically back up photos and videos from your camera roll
- Automatically back up your contacts
- Watch popular video formats3 on your iPhone or iPad
- Designed with a flexible connector to fit through most iPhone cases
- High-speed USB 3.0 transfer to and from your computer
- Secure file storage across your computer, iPhone and iPad
- Videos automatically saved to the drive if captured from within the iXpand Drive app
The iXpand Flash Drive includes a one-year limited warranty in the United States. It's available in 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, and 128GB capacities, with MSRPs of $49.99, $69.99, $89.99 and $129.99, respectively. The drive is compatible with iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini and iPod touch (5th generation) running iOS 8.2 or later.
The Nimbleosity Report
Do you want to keep up with the best content from The Digital Story and The Nimble Photographer? Sign up for The Nimbleosity Report, and receive highlights twice-a-month in a single page newsletter. Be a part of our community!
Want to Comment on this Post?
You can share your thoughts at the TDS Facebook page, where I'll post this story for discussion.