Some of our favorite events return to the 2018 workshop season. Once again we'll explore San Francisco's urban environment and capture its gritty beauty in our viewfinders. I've also completely retooled the hot air balloon festival event, adding new dimensions to our adventure, including a crash course in drone photography :-) And speaking of new, we're going to visit another world by exploring Lassen Volcanic National Park. It's an amazing place. Take a look at this lineup, pick your favorite, then get on our reserve list now.
Take a look at this overview, and if you see something you're interested in, fill out the "Send Me Info!" request form. By doing so, you're placed on the reserve list for the event of your choice. (That means you have first opportunity to sign up before all the seats are filled.)
- San Francisco Street Photography - April 26-28, 2018 - We'll work entirely on location in San Francisco. Our hotel in picturesque Union Square will serve as our headquarters during the event. No rental car will be necessary. We'll explore the City's hidden treasures and capture them through our lenses. As always, we're adding new shooting locations again this year, including twilight assignments. This is San Francisco like you've never seen it before. And as a bonus, Olympus Visionary Mike Boening will be joining the teaching staff and leading sessions on street shooting and night photography. Two instructors, three days, and all for just $695. (That's right, it's 3 full days in one of the most photogenic cities in the U.S.)
- Sonoma Country Hot Air Balloon and Drone Photography Workshop - June 8-10, 2018 - This is our aerial workshop for the season, and in more ways than one. Yes, we'll be attending the Sonoma Country Hot Air Balloon Classic, including the colorful Dawn Patrol event. If you like hot air balloons, you'll going to love this event because even though there are dozens of balloons, we still have more access than at other festivals. Plus, you'll also have the opportunity to learn drone photography and create beautiful images from above. And we have a few additional surprises for you as well. This will be a colorful, high flying workshop that will add truly unique images to your photo library. Three days, $695
- Burney Falls and Lassen Volcanic National Park Workshop, Late September 2018 - Two of California's natural gems in one adventure workshop. The wildly impressive Burney Falls on one day, and the bubbling, smoldering Lassen Volcanic National Park on the other. Plus, if you like high altitude scenery without the arduous hike to get there, this workshop is for you. Three days, hundreds of images, only $695.
- The Nimble Classroom Series - Improve your photography skills by attending our Nimble Classes, accessible via your computer, tablet, or smartphone. Even though we're using the latest online technology, this is a personalized experience. Classes are limited to 6 participants, your questions can be submitted before each session, and there are live Q&A segments built into each class. Online learning with a personal touch: this is the Nimble Photographer way. You can see the current schedule for the Nimble Classroom Series here and reserve your spot. Most Nimble Classrooms run $99 per session.
- One-on-One Portfolio Reviews - Available both online and in-person. Your opportunity to present 12 images for comment and discussion. Sessions run up to 1 hour. $99 per session. You can initiate a portfolio review by using the Contact Form at TheNimblePhotographer site.