Aurora HDR 2018 is availabe for pre-order today, September 12, and will be released on September 28. And if you haven't followed the development of this highly versatile app, you many want to take a look now.
For example, my favorite (formerly Mac-only) HDR app is now available for Windows as well. Other goodies/improvements include:
- Next-generation Tone Mapping - A new smart Tone Mapping algorithm automatically reduces noise, and produces more realistic and natural initial results.
- Mac and Windows versions share the same product key.
- Dodge & Burn Filter.
- HDR Enhance Filter - Adds details and clarity to an image, adjusting colors, details and contrast without creating artificial halos or other problems.
- New User Interface.
- History Panel.
- Touch Bar support for Mac.
- IMPROVED: New Structure Algorithm - The re-developed Structure tool allows you to adjust detail and clarity of an image to get a classic HDR effect with great detail or a smoother effect with less details.
- IMPROVED: RAW handling - An improved RAW conversion brings out more details in shadows/highlights, displays colors more accurately and reduces noise in RAW files.
- IMPROVED: Crop tool update - Now specify custom crop sizes for even more versatility.
- IMPROVED: Speed - Faster merging and masking performance, improvement in RAW image processing.
You can preorder right now. The cost for current users of Aurora HDR is a special pre-order upgrade price of $49 ($59 MSRP). New users can purchase Aurora HDR 2018 at a special pre-order price of $89 ($99 MSRP). A collection of bonuses will also be included with every purchase.
You can share your thoughts at the TDS Facebook page, where I'll post this story for discussion.