This is The Digital Story Podcast #577, March 28, 2017. Today's theme is "What Good is a System that Doesn't Work?" I'm Derrick Story.
One of my favorite Jerry Seinfeld routines polks fun at the system failure of car rental agencies. "Anyone can take a reservation," he says. "It's the holding of the reservation that's important." At work and at home we are constantly creating routines and systems to manage our lives. But if put to the test, do they really work? We'll explore in more detail on today's show.
What Good is a System that Doesn't Work?
In this first segment, I begin by telling a story of an actual event that happened to my mother. Then go on to explain how it illustrates, what I consider, a critical system failure.
The MeFOTO Roadtrip Air on Assignment
This week's three-legged adventure with the MeFOTO Roadtrip Air focuses on how its compact size allowed my to carry it all day in my svelte Retrospective 7 while working day and night at the Artisan Cheese Festival in Petaluma, CA.
Just to give you a bit of background about this super nimble tripod, it's distinguishing features include:
- Super Fast Setup with the new HyperLock Leg System. Setup is as easy as 1,2,3: 1 - Hold tripod leg and twist counterclockwise until it stops (4 clicks), 2 - Pull the leg to the desired length, 3 -Twist leg clockwise until it stops. (How easy is that?)
- Perfect for Selfies - removable telescoping center column converts to a Selfie Stick with included smartphone holder and Bluetooth remote!
- Ultra lightweight - 30 percent lighter than classic MeFOTO models
- Available in Backpacker, RoadTrip, GlobeTrotter models and 7 colors.
If you want to learn more about the MeFOTO line of tripods, look for the colorful tile on all the pages of the thedigitalstory.com. And if you decide that you want one for yourself, use coupon code THEDIGITALSTORY to save 10 percent and receive free shipping.
The Stylish Think Tank Signature 13 Luxury Bag
I've been carrying the Think Tank Signature 13, and I have to say, it is as beautiful as it is functional.
The fabric is soft, like a fine wool suit, but it's also durable and weather resistant. To complement the fabric, they've incorporated leather accents and metal hardware. The overall look is very professional. Other features include:
- Full-grain leather bottom and detailing, plus antique finished metal hardware
- Zippered flap provides full closure and security to the main compartment, or tucks away when not in use
- Dedicated laptop/tablet compartment that fits a 13" laptop
- Dedicated phone pocket fits up to an iPhone 6s+ or S7 Edge
- Dividers and bottom foam can be removed for a completely collapsible bag
Inside my Signature 13, I have my 13" MacBook Pro, iPad mini, Pentax KP with 20-40mm zoom, Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II, Pentax ZX-5n SLR, extra lenses, and plenty of accessories. The Think Tank Signature 13 sells for $279.
Updates and Such
Big thanks to all of our Patreon members! I was able to pay for the podcast server and the backup system from last month's pledges. Your contributions are making a positive impact.
We still have one seat open for our Road Trip workshop. (The SF workshop and Rail Adventure have sold out.) If you'd like an invitation to either event, visit the TDS Workshops Page and use the Send Me Info form.
B&H and Amazon tiles on www.thedigitalstory. If you click on them first, you're helping to support this podcast. And speaking of supporting this show, and big thanks to our Patreon Inner Circle members.
And finally, be sure to visit our friends at Red River Paper for all of your inkjet supply needs.
See you next week!
More Ways to Participate
Want to share photos and talk with other members in our virtual camera club? Check out our Flickr Public Group. And from those images, I choose the TDS Member Photo of the Day.
MeFOTO Air Tripods - MeFOTO Air Tripods are a nimble photographer's dream.
Red River Paper - Keep up with the world of inkjet printing, and win free paper, by liking Red River Paper on Facebook.
The Nimbleosity Report
Do you want to keep up with the best content from The Digital Story and The Nimble Photographer? Sign up for The Nimbleosity Report, and receive highlights twice-a-month in a single page newsletter. Be a part of our community!
Want to Comment on this Post?
You can share your thoughts at the TDS Facebook page, where I'll post this story for discussion.