It's fairly easy to calculate how much your paper costs, but did you ever wonder what you were spending on ink? TDS sponsor Red River Paper has just published a report calculating ink usage for the Epson R2400 and the R1900 printers.
Based on their findings, it costs about 90 cents for full ink coverage on a glossy 8x10 print, and about $2.80 for a glossy 13x19. The entire report is interesting. If you're printing with either of these units, you might want to take a look.
For more information, visit Cost of Inkjet Printing.
Now Available! The Digital Photography Companion. The official guide for The Digital Story Virtual Camera Club.
- 25 handy and informative tables for quick reference.
- Metadata listings for every photo in the book
- Dedicated chapter on making printing easy.
- Photo management software guide.
- Many, many inside tips gleaned from years of experience.
- Comprehensive (214 pages), yet fits easily in camera bag.