Spend two days learning and practicing Aperture 3 in a comfortable classroom setting that includes WiFi, lots of work space, and even a kitchen. Meals are served to you while you practice what you've just learned. And the best part, class size is limited to 8, yet tuition is very affordable.
If this sounds good to you, then you might want to read on about the TDS Aperture 3 Workshop on Jan. 15 & 16, 2011 in Santa Rosa, CA.
SATURDAY, Jan. 15
- 8:30 am - 10:00 am - A tour of the Aperture 3 interface and preferences. The choices we make here affect our entire workflow. Plus stratgies for organizing your library.
- 10:15 am - 10:45 am - Photo shoot at Schulz Museum. We're going to capture as many images as possible to work with in the next session.
- 10:45 am - 12:00 pm - Importing from camera memory card, hard drives, and existing iPhoto libraries. This is one of the most important steps in the Aperture workflow.
- 12:00 am - 12:45 pm - Lunch catered at TDS Headquarters.
- 12:45 pm - 1:30 pm - Rating images with stars and colors.
- 1:30 pm - 2:00 pm - Compare mode and Stacks
- 2:00 pm - 2:30 pm - Tethered shooting (hands on session)
- 2:30 pm - 3:00 pm - Break
- 3:00 pm - 3:30 pm - Smart Albums
- 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm - Image Adjustment Part I
- 5:00 pm - 5:30 pm - Open Q&A
- 5:30 pm - Dinner on your own (I usually coordinate a group dinner for those who want to participate.)
SUNDAY, Jan. 16
- 8:30 am - 10:00 am - Image Adjustment Part II
- 10:00 am - 10:30 am - Photo Shoot (shoot video too if you camera can)
- 10:30 am - 12:00 am - Hands-On Lab where you upload your shoot, organize the images, and image edit your picks.
- 12:00 - 1:00 - Lunch catered at TDS Headquarters.
- 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm - Working with Metadata
- 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm - Creating professional slideshows and movies
- 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm - Printing
- 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm - Hands-On Lab
- 5:30 pm A warm farewell to all!
The $495 workshop fee includes lunch both days.
We still have room for a few more. If you're interested, send email to me with the Subject Line: "Aperture Workshop" and I'll get you a registration form.