I've completed the final packing of my Lowepro Pro Tactic 350AW for Cuba. I can bring onboard a total of 20 pounds for the flight from Miami to Havana. This kit has everything I need and weighs-in at 17 pounds. It will fit easily in a small overhead compartment or under the seat in front of me.
Highlights of this kit include:
- Olympus OM-D E-M10 with 14-42mm pancake zoom
- Samsung NX3000 with 30mm f/2.0 lens
- Samsung 16-50mm power zoom OIS lens
- Olympus 17mm f/1.8, 9mm f/8, 75mm f/1.8 primes
- Panasonic 35-100mm f/4-5.6 zoom lens
- Two iPhones, one is unlocked with an international SIM card
- MacBook Pro 13" Retina Display laptop
- iPad mini with Retina Display
- WD My Passport Wireless 1 TB HD
- Lexar 256GB SSD drive
- Waka Waka Solar Panel with USB charging
- Zoom Q2 HD Audio and Video Recorder
- Olympus compact flash unit
- Joby GorillaPod Micros compact tripods
- Small accessories, memory cards, and batteries
I'll keep you posted on how the trip unfolds, and if indeed I chose the right gear for the adventure.
Want to Comment on this Post?
You can share your thoughts at the TDS Facebook page, where I'll post this story for discussion.