Olympus announced firmware updates for the OM-D E-M1 and E-M5 Mark II. This is a big update for the E-M1 in particular, bringing many of the latest technologies to their flagship camera. In my meeting with them, they stated their commitment to protecting your hardware investment. This firmware update does just that.
A few of the new features include:
- Focus stacking with in-camera compositing (E-M1 only)
- Focus bracketing (E-M1 and E-M5 Mark II)
- Silent mode (already in the E-M5 Mark II)
- 4K Time Lapse movie (E-M1 and E-M5 Mark II)
- MF clutch disable (E-M1 and E-M5 Mark II)
- Simulated optical viewfinder (E-M1 and E-M5 Mark II)
- Live composite on O.I. Share, which is also being updated (E-M1 and E-M5 Mark II)
- Audio slate tone for syncing audio/video (E-M1 and E-M5 Mark II)
Firmware update E-M1 version 4 and E-M5 Mark II version 2 will be available for download in November 2015. You can read about them both on the Olympus Love Your Camera Longer page.