The 2017 workshop season breaks new ground for the upcoming year. We're riding the rails from Chicago to New Orleans, learning about analog, and exploring California's wine country. Take a look at this lineup, pick your favorite, then get on our reserve list now.
Take a look at this overview, and if you see something you're interested in, fill out the "Send Me Info!" request form. By doing so, you're placed on the reserve list for the event of your choice. (That means you have first opportunity to sign up before all the seats are filled.)
- Film Photography in the Digital Age - Feb. 11-12, 2017 - We'll explore the convergence of film and digital imaging in this fascinating two-day event. Each participant receives their own SLR to use during the workshop, then to take home and keep. You will learn shooting techniques, film choices, lab vs home darkroom, digitizing, adding metadata, cataloging, and how analog photography can help you evolve as both an artist and craftsman. If you've been curious about film, this is the workshop for you. Participants receive their own camera to keep, film, and all of the amenities that our workshops are famous for - all for just $495.
- San Francisco Street Photography - April 6-9, 2017 - We'll work entirely on location in San Francisco. We'll book a hotel in picturesque Union Square that will serve as our headquarters during the event. No rental car will be necessary. We'll explore the City's hidden treasures and capture them through our lenses. And we're adding new shooting locations again this year, including twilight assignments. This is San Francisco like you've never seen it before. And as a bonus, Olympus Trailblazer Mike Boening will be joining the teaching staff and leading sessions on street shooting and night photography. Two instructors, three days, and all for just $695. (That's right, it's 3 full days in one of the most photogenic cities in the U.S.)
- The Chicago to New Orleans Rail Adventure - June 26-29, 2017 - For this unique photography workshop, we'll launch our adventure in Chicago, visiting iconic locations for street photography (and including a visit to the historic Central Camera Company). We'll then board a train called the "City of New Orleans." The route leads us through several states southbound, passing through Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, and arriving in the dynamic city of New Orleans, LA. It is approximately a 19-hour trip, starting in a city of street shooting paradise, traveling through lush, beautiful landscapes, and ending in the Deep South in a city rich in culture, history, and of course, a myriad of photographic possibilities. We'll then explore the French Quarter and other intriguing locations within NOLA. You'll fly into Chicago, then out of New Orleans. What a trip! Four days including train fare: only $795
- The Northern CA Coast Tour - Mid August 2017, 2017 - After congregating in Santa Rosa, our adventure begins at the mouth of the Russian River where it meets the Pacific Ocean in Jenner, CA. For the next three days, we caravan north, exploring Fort Ross State Park, Salt Point State Park, Sea Ranch, Gualala, and Point Arena. We then head inland to Boonville, continuing to Highway 101, where we return to the TDS Studio on Santa Rosa. Three days, thousands of images, only $695.
- Autumn in Wine Country: Late October, 2017 - Would you like to combine your interest in wine tasting with your passion for photography? And how about doing so during one of the most beautiful times of year in Northern California Wine Country: Fall. We'll spend the mornings fine tuning our photography skills and shooting on location, and our afternoons wine tasting and learning about the entire process, from growing the grapes, to harvesting, to making the wine itself. This is the perfect workshop to bring a friend because the afternoon sessions are open to both paid workshop attendees, and to one friend. Three days: $595
For more information, visit the TDS Workshops page.