One of the benefits of workshops is learning about other photographer's gear. This last weekend I spent some quality time with the Olympus 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO Lens mounted on my OM-D E-M5 Mark II. After a few shots, I was reluctant to unmount this beautiful zoom. Here are the basic specs:
- 14-28mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- 3 Aspherical, 1 DSA, 4 ED, 2 HR Elements
- Anti-Reflection ZERO Coating
- High-Speed Imager AF with MSC
- Manual Focus Mechanism (Snap)
- L-Fn Button for Settings Control
- Dust, Splash, and Freezeproof Design
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
In terms of handling, the 7-14mm PRO is smooth, quiet, and fast. It has a nice heft that balanced wonderfully on the E-M5 II. And the images were terrific.
The one missing gap I have in my transition to serious Micro Four Thirds photography is pro level super wide zoom. Looks like I better start saving...