The weather in Beijing has been hot during my entire stay, but today was the first time I spent hours working in the afternoon sun. And I have to tell you, it's hot and humid, very humid.
The temperature was over 90 degrees today, and it felt like the humidity was about the same. I would find patches of shade to camp out beneath when I felt my core begin to simmer. And once I finished my shooting, I went into an air conditioned building an hour before I was to report for work so I could arrive cool and composed.
But as hot as it is, I'm going out shooting every chance I get. There are just too many opportunities, and I don't want to pass them up because of a little perspiration... OK, maybe a lot of perspiration.
Photo of overheated visitor to the Olympic Commons by Derrick Story. Canon 5D with 70-200mm f/4 L lens.
Now Available! The Digital Photography Companion. The official guide for The Digital Story Virtual Camera Club.
- 25 handy and informative tables for quick reference.
- Metadata listings for every photo in the book
- Dedicated chapter on making printing easy.
- Photo management software guide.
- Many, many inside tips gleaned from years of experience.
- Comprehensive (214 pages), yet fits easily in camera bag.