Canon releases an update to one of the most useful prime lenses for DSLR photographers: the 35mm f/1.4. The optic features Blue Spectrum Refractive Optics with a fast maximum aperture for shooting in low-light situations and controlling depth of field.
Full time manual focus override, two aspherical elements, and one Ultra Low Dispersion element highlight this well-specified optic.
Other noteworthy features include:
- Works with both full frame and APS-C bodies.
- A minimum focus distance of 11" with a 0.21x maximum magnification benefits working with close-up subjects.
- Fluorine coatings on the front and rear surfaces help reduce fingerprints and smudging.
- Featuring the L-series designation, this lens is also dust and moisture-resistant.
- A nine-blade aperture provides smooth out-of-focus areas in selective focus images.
The Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM lens can be preordered for $1,799.
Want to Comment on this Post?
You can share your thoughts at the TDS Facebook page, where I'll post this story for discussion.