The Pentax K-3 Mark III Monochrome camera is indeed a unique photographic tool.
By every standard, it is a flagship DSLR with outstanding specifications:
- 25.7MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- SAFOX 13 101-Point Phase-Detection AF
- 1.05x-Mag. Pentaprism Optical Viewfinder
- 3.2" 1.62m-Dot Touchscreen LCD
- Up to 12 fps Continuous Shooting
- 5-Axis SR II In-Body Shake Reduction
- UHD 4K30p Video Recording
- Three Custom Monochrome Image Modes
- Face Detection and Touch Autofocus
- Wi-Fi & Bluetooth; Dual SD Card Slots
What separates it from everything else is that it only shoots black & white pictures. Even though this may sound very limiting, it really does impact how you would approach a project with it. To give you a feel, I packed this camera with the lovely Pentax HD Pentax DA 20-40mm f/2.8-4 ED Limited DC WR lens and went exploring a local airfield here in Santa Rosa, CA. Here's what I came back with.
Is the Pentax K-3 Mark III Monochrome camera for you? That depends. But if you love B&W photography, I think you'll have a blast with it.